Apprentice Programs in Mechanical Trades
An Important, Challenging, High-Income Opportunity for Bright Students
What is Needed to Succeed in this Field?
- Mechanical aptitude, desire to work with tools
- Math and science capabilities
- Common sense, intelligence
- Work ethic
- Communication capabilities
- Critical thinking capabilities
- Emotional intelligence
- At times you’ll encounter a chaotic, dangerous, high-pressured work environment. Need to be able to empathize, recognize critical relationships, understand conflict and exercise self- restraint.
The Future in Skilled Trades
- Highly technical; computer and tech gadget savvy.
- Good welders are in demand.
- Good attitude and work ethic.
- Math and science skills.
- Security clearances.
- Problem solving capabilities.
- Mechanical aptitude and desire to work with tools.
- Can work alone or on a team, depending on career path.
- Can move into a variety of management tracks.
- Can own a business.
What Do Apprentice Programs in Mechanical Trades Do?
- Train individuals to become experts in building or servicing HVACR and fluid and gas systems.
- Train individuals to conduct work in a safe manner.
- Fall protection, combustible dust, excavation and trenching, drug free work place, crane signaling, rigging, confined space, arc flash, etc…..
- Teach effective troubleshooting and diagnostic techniques.
Apprenticeship “The Other College Degree”
- Education is paid for!
- Jointly funded by labor and management at $25,000 – $30,000 per student for 4 to 5 year apprenticeship.
- Minimal out-of-pocket for student.
- book fees
- minimal tools
- work boots
- No loan to repay after graduation.
- Terrific Education and Career Path
- Work and earn in the field of study while training.
- Many career paths beyond field work.
- Scheduler, Estimator, Project Manager
- Executive, Company Owner
- Training and skills upgrade opportunities throughout career.
- Something for every personality type:
- Can lead a team, or
- be a contributor on the team, or
- work alone on several projects throughout the week.
For more information: